Early Supported Discharge Team - 2 months later

Got a surprise yesterday, call from the hospital. They sent a member of the Early Supported Discharge Team out to the house. This was the first medical contact since my stroke and discharge beginning of May. Did assessment and left me some stretches to do, and coming back next week. Feels at last like moving forward.

2 Likes

Glad for you :slight_smile:

But may to July and then once a week isn’t giving you great support - but absolutely make the most of what is on offer

:slight_smile:

Caio
Simon

3 Likes

Thanks @SimonInEdinburgh , better late than never I suppose.

2 Likes

After I was discharged from hospital they arranged for local community physio and stroke therapists visit me at home. It was to be for 6 weeks but they stopped coming after 3 weeks because I was mobile. I still do the exercises they left me. Found them to very helpful

1 Like

Helloe @Osttyrol
Welcome :slight_smile:

I’m glad you found the exercises helpful :slight_smile: there is a lot of discussion here about exercise (& every other aspect of post stroke life)

Caio
Simon

1 Like

@Dido14 glad you’re getting some support from the Early Supported Discharge Team. I found them to be very helpful & at the end of their 6 weeks they then referred me on to a neuro physio where I think I waited about 3 weeks to see them.

Good luck hope all goes well.

2 Likes

@Osttyrol Hi & welcome to the community. Hope you are getting on ok after your stroke.
I too found the ESD team to be very useful.

Best wishes

Ann

1 Like