Did you cancel this mornings

tried to connect but just waiting 4 host…

1 Like

We sat for ages but nobody came. Sorry you missed us, @SimonInEdinburgh

1 Like

AHhh- the perils :slight_smile:
I tried at 10 or 12 past and it said “what for host”

I was mopping the bathroom CEILING so was late!

Next time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Why was you mopping the ceiling? @SimonInEdinburgh :bucket: :toothbrush: they don’t have any floor mops lol

1 Like

Cos after a shower it’s wet from the condensation and over the last year or so that condensation has started to be a home for black mould - so removed it :slight_smile:

Another source of inspiration for exercises that I wouldn’t other wise have

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

A Happy New Year.

A Happy New Year.

1 Like

Sounds as if your date with a mince pie would have been much more rewarding

definitely the right thing to do

Ciao
Simon

1 Like

what did you use to remove the black mould, Simon?

1 Like

Just a mop & the condensation from the shower then clean water
I have some “thick bleach” if it looks like coming back that I’ll dilute 50:1

2 Likes

Black mould hates acid conditions. So put some white vinegar with water in a spray bottle and spray a mist over the beastie every now and again and you will see it gradually fade away.

An extractor to remove water vapour as soon as it is generated will make a big difference combined with the acid spray.

3 Likes

Thank you Bobby, I’m going to try your suggestion. I’ve used a Mould & Mildew spray in the past but you have to be so darn careful not to be it on any fabrics and the mist from it so toxic :confounded: I can put up with the smell of vinegar and have the time to wait to wave it goodbye :laughing:

1 Like

@EmeraldEyes

malt vinegar does honk a bit but the clear version is bearable.

you might need to repeat occasionally for a month or two, but you will easily see it gradually disappearing.

1 Like

Anything’s got to be better than that other stuff, thanks, I’ll start giving it a go tomorrow :smile:

This time of year, a dehumidifier doesn’t half make a difference. Not used one until recently but some will dry your washing as well as they output hot air.
Surprised just how much water they can remove. Really notice the improvement on window glass.

Meaco seems a decent make.

There are also some paints which repel mould growth. Surprisingly effective.

1 Like

On the same subject modern living spaces have slowly been changing over the last fifty years.

Eliminating ‘drafts’, sealing spaces to keep warmth in, and various other ‘new’ practices that limit air circulation have meant that the humidity in the modern living area is far higher than in the past. This ‘improvement’ encourages condensation within the living space with the negative consequences that this creates.

I’ll calm down now, stop ranting and take up my position in a quiet corner.

1 Like

True for new :houses: :slight_smile:

This is a 1840s farmhouse with fire places, door that aren’t square etc

It’s modern by comparison with our last which was c. 1440

1 Like

Whole heartedly agree, our house is modern and since we had insulation pumped into the wall cavities several years ago it’s become a constant battle with mould in the winter months, even with keep windows open a crack :roll_eyes: The dehumidifier helps a lot especially as I dry the washing in the main bathroom in the winter months too.

1 Like