Chatting about ourselves - a discussion

Oh how funny :rofl:
I’m sure I could have make the recipe a bit more simple, but I was showing off my skills on the show :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

It’s just a simple water icing, icing sugar, a little bit of butter and orange juice. I heat it up over a low heat till the butter melts. Don’t let it bubble

3 Likes

Yeah that’s the problem! :rofl:
When I make bread sometimes the loaf is gone within 24hours and there’s only two of us :see_no_evil:

1 Like

I think you would agree that this is an excellent activity for one attempting to thrive after having experienced a stroke.

It is no bad thing to strike out on one’s own.

Success in this is bound to have some positive effects both from a purely selfish point of view and also in the effects it has on others in a similar position.

Long may the midnight sourdoughin’ continue.

The links I posted were well worth the time I spent visiting them.
My economy micro sourdough mini culture starter continues to move forward.
(M.E.S.S. Mini Economy Sourdough Starter to give it its proper technological title. Nomenclature is so important. Fills space too.)
. . . and there is more.

@JuliaH those links provide answers to all those mysteries, they reward those who take the time to listen.

I need to go clean sourdough splatter off my screen.

Over to you . . .

Keep on keepin’ on
:writing_hand: :smiley: :+1:

3 Likes

My Aunt used to have jars of sourdough starters in her pantry along with the big old fashioned sweet jar filled with aged milk for making soda bread. She was a farmers wife and ran a farm shop where she sold all her bakes :yum:

3 Likes

Did she have names for them?

2 Likes

No, only their birthdays :laughing:

2 Likes

Did she get them birthday cards!? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

You and @SimonInEdinburgh are on a roll today :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

We always like a good laugh :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Off to Sainsbury’s , let’s see what mischief we can get up to there! :thinking::see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Wanna use the self-check out?
:confounded:

1 Like

I’ll turn around, step back and go see if I can carry this on somewhere else, maybe later, or at another time.

I am interested in sharing my experience with others disabled by stroke, but I have no desire to overshadow or to be over shadowed by any other.

My ability is limited and this has been a place where I could be heard.

So thank you for your attention. I hope I haven’t taken too much of your time.

Keep on keepin’ on.
:writing_hand: :smiley: :+1:

1 Like

Sorry you’ve got upset @Bobbi - nobody’s overshadow you. Your achievements are an inspiration as are the achievements of others. They spark community conversation that shows we share interests challenges and achievements - it is part of the strength community gives us here

The thread has meandered by small steps as all threads on here are susceptible to - sometimes with serendipitous effect :slight_smile:

@Mrs5K @CommunityAdmin as you two are the only people with forum access could you split this post topic please

1 Like

@SimonInEdinburgh

No worries Simon. Certainly no offence taken. I know when it is time to take a step back.

At some stage I might put up a new thread. Probably the best solution.

For the time being you might as well continue to use this thread for general chat. I’m sure folk are very interested in what you and your wife get up to. This a good place to indulge and I bet others will join in.

What have you been up to recently? Have you posted any threads which might be of interest?
What are your plans for the coming weeks?
How about more of those photographs you have on file? Maybe you have a recipe you need an excuse to share?
Maybe a favourite food you’d like us all to know about?

Have you got anything important to say?

I’m sure getting it all out here will lead to a

I will change the category and title of this thread to bring it more into line.

Keep on keepin’ on
:writing_hand: :grinning: :+1:

I’m just so confused here, stroke brains find it hard enough to try keep track of posts but this one goes beyond the pail. :exploding_head: