Cerebral venous sinus thrombus stroke

as discussed

agreed

K

:wink: :polar_bear:

@smeadows1975 I was told I could be referred back if needed. I may ask at my next physiatrist appointment in a couple months. I feel a bit selfish as I have had so much therapy and gained so much from it, however, I could use quite a bit of help with planning a daily schedule, concentrating, strength and stamina. For now, I am to habituate to try to get my brain to believe what my eyes see, or get used to seeing things bouncing around as they do while walking or doing other daily tasks. I will hope for the first. If that doesn’t work, I suppose I will start wearing a patch over one eye. I see my neuro opthamoligist in January, so possibly she will suggest prisms. I just don’t know. I will keep working on trying to manage a day in a manner that is not utter chaos and let the other things happen as they do. I hope you will find the right ways for you to be who you are and want to be

2 Likes

@smeadows1975
Regarding Cerebral venous sinus thrombosis

Hello, my name is Cathy. I live in Yorkshire I’ve just searched for CSVT and your post came up. I haven’t found anyone else who has had this rare stroke.

It will be 3 years in February since I had a CSVT.
It was during lockdown and I was just about to start an online maths lesson with a Year 6 child. I began to have trouble breathing and I have no idea what happened next. I woke up in York hospital a day or so later. I had also had a heart attack and was temporarily blind. All a bit of a shock! I was 61.
I hope you don’t mind me asking. How did it happen for you?
Given CSVT is so rare, do you think it might be interesting to share recovery stories?

3 Likes

Hello, my name is Cathy Morgan. I too live in Yorkshire I’ve just searched for CSVT and your post came up. I haven’t found anyone else who has had this rare stroke.

It will be 3 years in February since I had a CSVT.
It was during lockdown and I was just about to start an online maths lesson with a Year 6 child. I began to have trouble breathing and I have no idea what happened next. I woke up in York hospital a day or so later. I had had a heart attack and was temporarily blind. All a bit of a shock!

Do you think it might be interesting to share stories?

1 Like

Hi @Cathy_Morgan

Did you literally search for CSVT?
Or was that just a dyslexic slip :slight_smile: since you’re actually posting in one of the threads that results from the search I suggested to you in September - Which was “CVST”?
It returns:

Central venus sinus thrombosis - cvst by @lucy_mccaslin about her dad - she hasn’t been on here since September 22

Cerebral venous sinus thrombus stroke by @smeadows1975 (this thread )
who’s been on the forum in the last 24 hours she also mentioned CVST in the the thread Vaccine or not? But that’s about the covid vaccines rather than CVST

A stroke at 33 by @maroulla.w.anderson Who hasn’t been on here since December 22 but was posted to by @smeadows1975 offering to share knowledge

(As well as your own Rare Stroke )

You may have been better off messaging them directly. (I note you are only at the basic user level according to Your profile - although you look to me as though you qualify for member. As a member you would be able to create a private topic with those specific members. Forum facilities)

Now that I have @ named them above they will get a notification of this thread :slight_smile: - and since it’s a public thread others may gain value from any discussion that ensues - a double win :+1:

Ciao
Simon

2 Likes

Hi Cathy, im sorry for not replying sooner. I decided to take a bit of time out as ive been struggling with it all to be honest. However, id like to be of help to you if i can. My CVST began in Aug 2022 with a sharp pain in the back of my head. No paralysis at the time so i talked myself out of the idea of it being a Stroke and stayed home for 3 days. I had severe dizziness and vomiting. I did nothing but sleep and be sick. My recovery is still ongoing and it now looks like im about to lose my job as theyve got fed up with waiting. I still have cognitive difficulties and still cant walk far. Its life changing but stick with it because we are the lucky people that survived this awful event. I was told in the hospital that many people dont reach hospital with this condition. We are fighters. You are welcome to contact me again. Take care.

1 Like