Another bizzare twist

so i have my stroke in September ,compared to some here i got off pretty lightly - ive realised im not a stroke victim im a stroke survivor (got to keep the PMA)
im at say 70% on my left arm my left leg is about 90% but my head is still numb from my forehead to collarbone on LH side ,but im adjusting to it , im figuring out what i can and but cant do
so it now turns out i passed out at the wheel of my work van ,NOT because of the stroke but another thing called Syncope it means if i cough too much it causes an irregular heartbeat i then pass out , so now on top of the stroke i have to get a pacemaker fitted , on the brighter side i should be able to drive again in a couple of months as it was this that caused my driving problem and not the stroke - i dont think you could make this stuff up

5 Likes

Yep that right not victim. Personally I don’t favour survivor. As it emphasises the continuing element but I certainly think survived the event is right. I haven’t found a wholly acceptable term but #strokeWarrior is the one that works least badly for me.

Sorry to hear about your new challenges. But good to hear that you’re arm leg are coming on.

Ciao
Simon

2 Likes

@cuddyhung glad to hear you are progressing well following your stroke although I’m sure you could do without the syncope diagnosis too.

I hope you don’t have to wait too long for your pacemaker to be fitted & that you are back to driving soon.

Best wishes

Ann

1 Like

had the pacemaker fitted on 21st December and bruising is just about gone -going to have a scar where incision was made ,but it hardly matters no one but missus will see it , i lost more power in my arm but this is probably temp till i recover from operation ,

1 Like

should have said , when i was in recovery i spoke to one of my nurses , she moved to cardiac dept after 8 years as a stroke nurse, i got her to look at my record she confirmed i had a full stroke not a mini one , i never knew this no one told me and i never asked till then

2 Likes

@cuddyhung pleased your pacemaker op went well & i’m sure you’ll get the power back in your arm soon. It’s not that long since the op yet.

It must have been a surprise to find out you had a full stroke not a mini one. Are you due a follow up at the stroke clinic? If so ask them about it then. If not then try contacting them separately & asking for some more info.

Best wishes

Ann

1 Like